fairy
learning to be
Thursday, June 17, 2004

drama princess

I guess I was wrong when I said "no ham" in the last entry...

Just tonight, Sage was playing 'gunman' again, gleefully firing off round after round from her index-finger-cum-imaginary-gun. When she 'shot' me with her customary yell of "bam bam!", I obligingly pretended to be hit and keeled over onto the bed.

To my surprise, she quickly threw herself across my body and dissolved into a fit of pretend-weeping, pitifully sobbing, "My mommy, my mommy!" She got so into the act that pretty soon she apparently forgot it was an act, as a real tear found its way down her little method actress cheek.

Her father ended up having to reassure her that neither of her parents is going to leave her anytime soon. This kid, I tellya...

She is an actual princess, by the way. Her father is a Muslim prince, and her grandmother is the first princess of Marawi. I don't know if Sage fully comprehends this yet-- she certainly acts like she knows she's royalty!