fairy
learning to be
Wednesday, June 09, 2004

playing horsey

Sage likes to make me get on my hands and knees, whereupon she climbs on my back and orders, "Gee-yap, Horsey!" I, of course, am expected to bounce up and down, humming that song from The Lone Ranger... you know how the game goes, right?

Just this week, though, she's added a new dimension to it. When I get tired out and tell her, "Sage, Horsey's tired," she obligingly slips off my back. Then she gets on her hands and knees beside me and commands, "Horsey, Mommy, horsey!" I am then expected to 'climb' onto her back for a ride of my own! Mind you, this little girl is just three feet tall and weighs only 29 pounds, while I am 5'8" and weigh never-you-mind pounds. Yet there isn't a doubt in her mind that she can give her mommy a ride-- she's already humming the music as I pretend to sit on her back.

And her name while in horse-form is, of course, 'Horsey Alfar'.