fairy
learning to be
Thursday, June 24, 2004

self-medication

Like parents everywhere, Dean and I kiss Sage's injured spot whenever she has an 'owie'. She's a pretty brave kid, so in most cases, this placebo is enough to comfort her and get her past the worst of the pain. Last night, though, she stubbed her toe on our bedroom door, which everyone knows is an excruciatingly agonizing experience. The poor girl burst into tears, flopping down onto our bed and wailing, "Kiss my foot, kiss my foot!" I kissed her foot and Dean kissed her foot, but apparently it wasn't enough.

So she reached down, grabbed hold of the afflicted foot, brought it to her lips, and kissed it herself.

She's not only self-sufficient, but flexible, too!

Sage's milestones
At only 24 months old, she's started regularly speaking in complete sentences, including "I'm Sage Alfar", "Daddy, what happened to you?", and, of course, "That's my pillow!"